[Asterisk-Users] Clicks, pops and noise

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Sun Oct 9 19:36:48 MST 2005

Hi all,

I've got a TE410p connected via T1 to four channel banks (2 FXO and 2 FXS), no PRIs.

Some users are complaining that they hear clicks and pops on the FXS lines,
generally when they pick up the phone it's noisy. This happens only after a
while, e.g. after a fresh restart of everything, all is fine but after some time
these noises start appearing. From what I've read on the list, this could be
down to frame slips or some problem due to synchronization.

Since there's no incoming PRI to sync to, this means everything needs to be
internally clocked. Could it be the internal clock source on the card has gone
wonky? Or is something else in the server screwing up the clock signal?

Anyone else experienced this when connecting four channel banks to the TE410?

Zaptel.conf:

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-24

span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs