[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Sun Oct 9 06:42:16 MST 2005

On Sun, October 9, 2005 15:31, Matt Riddell said:
> *PLONK*
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Riddell

Is that the sound of you dropping out of this list? It can't be a reply to
the previous poster's e-mail, as that was in fact a completely correct
statement...

But back to the topic: I can see the reasons why Digium does what they do,
but I can also appreciate the reasons behind openpbx.org!

It's a risk Digium took willingly and knowingly. They must have known from
the start that this was a risk, but it is a risk they took, I guess with
in the back of their minds the realisation that the risk would most likely
be worth it in return for the contributions they'd get to the
source-tree...

I for one will keep track of both to see which one develops best. For now
I am in the (*) camp, but if they lose ground in regard to openpbx.org, I
may switch.

That is the nice thing about Open Source: you *can* switch, and the best
project(s) will survive...

Just my € 0,02!

--
Francesco Peeters