[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Oct 8 12:41:00 MST 2005

snacktime wrote:

> Being that Digium wants to be able to sell a commercial version, I don't
> see how they could have been more accomodating then this.   Digium can

They could just use the GPL as is, since they chose the license in the
first place.. they clearly have no issues with it.

They already have the rights to use the code granted by the GPL - that's
not what the disclaimer is for.

The disclaimer gives them the same rights as the owner so they can
relicense the contributed code under a non-GPL license for commercial
reasons.  Not everyone is happy with that, clearly.

TBH I'd rather digium had chosen something like BSD to start with and
avoided all the GPL politics but the situation we have is the one we have.

Tony