[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Oct 8 11:27:42 MST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> No, since Asterisk requires that copyright be assigned to Digium for all
> patches. Submitters to OpenPBX may be unwilling to do this, especially
> since that's one of the main reasons for its existance...

Please stop spreading misinformation. We have addressed this at least
four times in the last six months on this list.

Digium does NOT require copyright assignment for contributions to the
Asterisk tree.

Digium does require either that the code be public domain (unrestricted
use), or that Digium be granted a license to reuse the code at our
discretion (the disclaimer).