[Asterisk-Users] need help-can't not register to asterisk from softphone

julien bos julientoasteriskuser at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 08:52:15 MST 2005

Dear all expert,
 (i posted this question one time, but i couldn't reach the answer
-so allow me to post here)
 1)I download asterisk realse version 1.2 beta1.
After that i compile it successfully and run it with:
asterisk -vvvc
 2)I follow the instruction in
http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/asterisk_voip_ipphone.html
 in sip.conf:
i add two account:
[ivan]
type=friend
username=ivan
secret=pwd_ivan
host=dynamic
context=tutorial
 [test]
type=friend
username=test
secret=pwd_test
host=dynamic
context=tutorial
 in extension.conf
i add like below:
[tutorial]
extern=>1234,1,Dial(SIP/ivan)
extern=>4321,1,Dial(SIP/test)
 3) i use sjphone, make a new profile, in SIP Proxy tag of Profile options
windows, i use ip adress of server Fedore (where Asterisk is running) with
port 5060 for Proxy domain and User domain.
 4) I try to use sjphone to REGISTER to server Asterisk, by using: Ethereal
to see the packet.
 From
 sjphone <-------ICMP Destination unreachable (Host administratively
prohibited) ----asterisk
 I am sure that from Asterisk server i can ping to client sjphone and vice.
And i can navigate internet in Asterisk server.
How can i configure Linux server now? I can't understand what it happens?
 Many thanks for your helping.
 Julien