[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Mediatrix 1204.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Oct 8 08:32:55 MST 2005

> I have been able to configure my Asterisk BOX to receive calls from
> Mediatrix 1204.
>
> I'm having problems sending calls out via my Mediatrix unit.
>
> The SIP Invite is sent to the Mediatrix but the Mediatrix unit sends
> back a Status : 480 Temporarily Unavailable.
>
> This is my configuration on Asterisk;
>
> exten => _78996.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:5}@192.168.6.52)
> exten => _78996,1,Congestion
>
> On the Mediarix end I have defined my SIP proxy.
>
> I had to enable automatic call direction on my 1204 to send the call to
> my Asterisk. If I leave this enabled and make an outgoing call via the
> Asterisk box the call come back!
>
> I have seen that several people have this feature working and would be
> very grateful if you could share your configuration with me or point me
> in the correct direction.

I played with the 1204 about a year ago. The 1204 firmware at that time
required me jump through hops to get it to work. As I recall, we had to
define a 'callerid' number in asterisk for each port of the 1204 that we
wanted to direct traffic to, and then on the 1204 define something that
essentially said... if the callerid from asterisk was '1111', then route
the call via pstn port 1. If the callerid was '2222', then route to pstn
port 2, etc.

I don't have a clue whether that approach is still required with their
newer firmware.

At that time, the 1204 worked very well. But, the irregularities of their
firmware was far more then enough to make me return the unit to the
reseller.