[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Mediatrix 1204.

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Fri Oct 7 09:33:34 MST 2005

Dear Group,

I have been able to configure my Asterisk BOX to receive calls from
Mediatrix 1204.

I'm having problems sending calls out via my Mediatrix unit.

The SIP Invite is sent to the Mediatrix but the Mediatrix unit sends
back a Status : 480 Temporarily Unavailable.

This is my configuration on Asterisk;

exten => _78996.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:5}@192.168.6.52)
exten => _78996,1,Congestion

On the Mediarix end I have defined my SIP proxy.

I had to enable automatic call direction on my 1204 to send the call to
my Asterisk. If I leave this enabled and make an outgoing call via the
Asterisk box the call come back!

I have seen that several people have this feature working and would be
very grateful if you could share your configuration with me or point me
in the correct direction.

Thanks and Regards

Shad Mortazavi