[Asterisk-Users] Latency on bridged PRI calls

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Thu Oct 6 20:36:15 MST 2005

Nobody has been able to answer this. Not even Digium at this stage, but I'm
hoping someone here, smarter than I, will be able to.

We are running some TE406P (upgraded 405Ps) cards performing mainly PRI bridged
calls.

After a server is brought up, calls sound absolutely perfect.

Over time, delay (latency) creeps into the calls. What is really weird about
that is apparently with the new Digium firmware, the native bridge is pushed
down to the card, meaning the call never leaves the card (never hits the PCI bus).

If this is the case, the latency must be being introduced in the card/driver.

A restart of asterisk with removal/reload of the card driver fixes the problem
(temporarily).

This is in a production environment, and this is driving me insane. I'm about to
try Sangoma cards, as I feel I'm really getting nowhere.