[Asterisk-Users] Billing: amaflags and accountcode

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Thu Oct 6 16:32:54 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have about 10 SIP phones for different users defined in sip.conf, each
with their own accountcode= entry. There is a global setting in sip.conf
that states amaflags=documentation

There are 3 IAX->PSTN gateways defined in iax.conf for outbound calls. These
do not have an accountcode=, but do have amaflags=billing defined in each.

The theory was that all calls should be logged, those calls either incoming
or between SIP users should have amaflags=documentation (which they do, all
well and good), but when a user makes an outgoing call via an IAX gateway,
it gets amaflags=billing (so I know it's a chargeable call). However, this
doesn't seem to work - all call logs, even those to the IAX gateways all
have amaflags=documentation.

Is there another way around this? How are you good people using amaflags and
accountcode to apportion billing to different users, whilst not "billing"
them for incoming calls or calls between SIP users?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris