[Asterisk-Users] Voicemailmain automatic extension detection?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Oct 5 13:08:37 MST 2005

On 15:46, Wed 05 Oct 05, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> Is there a way I can have "voice mail check" calls coming from my internal
> users automatically get to the right extension, without having the user
> enter their extension?
>
> I'm thinking that I could have the local SPA boxes translate, or have
> each user live in a context where the extension in question exists
> uniquely per user, but both of these seem kludgey.

Give the users a voicemailbox with the same number as their
callerid number.

Then add something like this in your extensions.conf (taken
from my own private setup)

exten => 8500,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

On another system I implemented it so users call their own
extension number to reach voicemail:

exten => 2001/2001,1,VoicemailMain(2001)

The first method is easier in a larger setup, since it
matches all users/voicemailboxes with only one line in
extensions.conf

Good luck
--
Michiel van Baak