[Asterisk-Users] TE411P and TE406P stability

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 07:52:52 MST 2005

Do you specifically need hardware echo cancellation?

If not you may want to try the TE405P/TE410P first and if you find that you
need the hardware echo-canceller you can upgrade the card for $900(for some
strange reason actually saves $100 over the list price of the TE411P)

TE405P = $1495.00
quoted upgrade price for TE405P to TE406P = $900
upgraded TE405P to TE406P cost = $2395

TE406P = $2495.00

So it may save you money anyway if you go the upgrade path.

As for a version, 1.2beta 1 is very stable, we've been using it on two
high-volume production servers for over a month now with only one crash in
that time. I would recommend Asterisk 1.2beta1

Hope this helps,

MATT---