[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk not detecting PSTN hang-up

Leigh Fereday leigh at mustique.vc
Tue Oct 4 18:54:10 MST 2005

I'm running Asterisk 1.09, on Centos 3.5 (FINAL) and a TDM11B.

I, like many others, am having problems getting Asterisk to hangup an
incoming call when the calling party disconnects.

This is a list of what I have tried (with no success).

My incoming PSTN comes from a Mitel SX2000 Lite, so I do not think I can get
"disconnect supervision".

I tried adding hanguponpolarityswitch=yes in zapata.conf, but when Asterisk
starts I get "ignoring hanguponpolarityswitch" in the log.

I applied "asterisk-stable-polarity-v5.diff", and tried again but I got the
same message in the log.

I upgraded to CVS, but get the same message in the log.

I've tried BUSYDETECT and BUSYCOUNT but the line stays off-hook.
I've tried CALLPROGRESS but the line stays off-hook.
I've changed the RXGAIN but the line stays off-hook.

I've tried adding the NVLineDetect application, but MAKE and MAKE Install
fail on frame.o

Something I've noticed, Asterisk is set to answer on 2 rings, but if the
calling party hangs-up after the 1st ring, Asterisk picks up anyway (after a
delay which matches the 2nd ring) and beings processing.

I seem to think I saw on the Internet an external box that handles call
progress detection and actively drops the line when a condition is met,
however I cannot remember where it was, does anyone know what I'm talking
about and where I might get one?

Something I've not been able to do, is change the signalling method of the
TDM.  When I try changing it to loopstart, it complains that I'm trying to
use loopstart when the card is configured for kewlstart.

Can anyone offer a solution for this, it so frustrating!  I've been able to
get everything else working (so far!), but this is a real problem!

TIA

Leigh