[Asterisk-Users] Polycom config and DTMF problems

Douglas E. Warner dwarner at ctinetworks.com
Tue Oct 4 13:43:00 MST 2005

I've just got a batch of 301s and 501s in and am trying to get them to work.
I'd like to manually configure everything via FTP rather than the web or
phone interfaces, but I can't seem to find a good source of definitions for
all the options in the sip.cfg or phoneX.cfg files.  Anyone know of any?

Also, I'm having quite the problem getting the Polycom SP 501 to send *any*
DTMF.  Running tethereal, I'm just seeing G.711 packets; no other RTP packets
being sent (using RFC2833, supposedly).

Relevant info:
Asterisk 1.2.0 beta1
PolyCom SP 501, sip 1.5.3, bootrom 2.6.2

Let me know what other info is needed to debug this, or any insight anyone can
provide would be great.

-Doug

--
Douglas E. Warner    <dwarner at ctinetworks.com>     Network Engineer