[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501: takes calls, but fast busy on dial out?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Tue Oct 4 13:42:48 MST 2005

At 15:17 10/4/2005, Matthew T. O'Connor, wrote:
 >Are you sure there is no firewall on the server?

Yep, pretty sure.  Also, we have a bunch of
other Polycom phones on the system that have
been working for over a month.

 >Or are you sure that
 >the Polycom phone is trying to connect to the *
 >server on the expected port number?

I set it up on 5060 wherever it asked for a port
number.

 >What happens when you try to telnet to the SIP port on
 >the * box?

As follows:
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\WINNT\system32>telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060
Connecting To xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060...Could not open a connection to host on
port
  23 : Connect failed