[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.8 and TDM stop acking inbound calls?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Oct 4 13:08:02 MST 2005

> > we also experienced this with asterisk 1.0.9 and rev H of the tdm with
> > 4 fxo modules
> >
> > we were restarting asterisk every night via cron and this still happened
> >
> > in our case, 3 out of 4 fxo modules (2,3,4) crapped out and stopped
> > ack'ing incoming
> > calls (outgoing calls were fine)

Which would suggest the ring-detection function on the chipset took a dump.

> > it took a reboot of the server to get the card operational again and
> > answering calls
>
>   As a certain Zippy would say: Yow!  I assume you reached that point
> because unloading and reloading the wctdm modules didn't do anything?
>
>   Do the digital interfaces have these sorts of problems?  Is there an
> alternate FXO solution?  I've heard nothing but trouble with the TDM,
> and I know that's probably because the 99% of satisfied users are
> generally quiet but still...

I started with a TDM04b about a week before they were announced as generally
available, and the early versions did have problems (as did the drivers).

I have two production servers that are now using the TDM04b, and both have
good uptimes. One is rev H and the other rev I.

For the price, there isn't anything else on the market. However, there are
several fxo gateways that operate very well at a higher cost.