[Asterisk-Users] Echo Canceling

Tad Heckaman douglash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:01:23 MST 2005

Correct, this is a TE110P. I disabled the echocan disable thing in the
config file, but I havent   actually installed it since it is in
production.

Is there someway to make a backup of the modules before I reinstall
zaptel? I want to easily jump back to the point before I changed some
of the settings, incase something becomes messed up.

On 10/4/05, Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 October 2005 11:54, Tad Heckaman wrote:
> > Well, I dont receive faxes anyway, it goes to a POTS line. I also
> > disabled it in the zconfig.h file and recompiled, but I haven't
> > installed it yet.
>
> I thought this was a TE110P, and not a TDM4xx or X101P?
>
> > So going back to my original email... Anything else that might be
> > causing my issues?
>
> If there is no chance of faxing going over this and you are seeing the
> "disabling echo canceller due to tone on channel 'x'" whenever you place a
> call to that exchange, you can disable the tone detector and eliminate the
> problem.
>
> Of course, the best solution is to find out why the telco's sending that
> signal (or why the other end is, if that's the case).
>
> -A.

Tad Heckaman