[Asterisk-Users] Echo Canceling

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Oct 4 09:12:48 MST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 11:54, Tad Heckaman wrote:
> Well, I dont receive faxes anyway, it goes to a POTS line. I also
> disabled it in the zconfig.h file and recompiled, but I haven't
> installed it yet.

I thought this was a TE110P, and not a TDM4xx or X101P?

> So going back to my original email... Anything else that might be
> causing my issues?

If there is no chance of faxing going over this and you are seeing the
"disabling echo canceller due to tone on channel 'x'" whenever you place a
call to that exchange, you can disable the tone detector and eliminate the
problem.

Of course, the best solution is to find out why the telco's sending that
signal (or why the other end is, if that's the case).

-A.