[Asterisk-Users] Snom phones?

Paul Hewlett paul at cottonpickinminds.co.za
Tue Oct 4 09:26:59 MST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 06:09, Stephen Bosch wrote:
> Hi, everyone:
>
> I'm in the processing of deciding what IP phones we should use with our
> Asterisk server, and I wanted to get feedback from the user community on
> the quality, reliability and ease of operation of Snom phones.
>
> What do you have to say about these phones? Are there other phones you'd
> suggest along with or instead of Snom?
Stephen

    I have used the SNOM190 & 360, Grandstream budget-tone100, Swissvoice
ip10s and EQtel

   SNOM190 - nice quality, nice sound, expensive, some obscure features which
if not turned off cause havoc (Transfer on Hook, Number guessing). Latest
firmware solves the annoying loud beep when second call comes in.

   (SNOM200 is reputedly better...)

   SNOM360 - total overkill - only for receptionist but nice and expensive.

   Grandstream - very nice, nice price, has some convenient buttons (Message
button dials own extension so easy to set up voicemailmain), attended
transfer via flash button

   Swissvoice ip10s - nice and small, 4 programmable buttons on front so
easily customisable, make sure that you have latest firmware (build 12), has
2 lines so no easy way to tell when transferring to phone that the callee is
busy on the phone (phone picks up on line 2)

   EQtel - chunky militaristic look, battery backup (unique), have not used it
much, extensive help on connecting to a SIP provider, voice quality ok,
enquiring for the settings on the phone are 'spoken' to you rather than
displayed on LCD, attended transfer via flash button

My current preference is the Grandstream.

Regards Paul
--
Paul Hewlett - CottonPickinMinds - www.cottonpickinminds.co.za
Tel: +27 21 852 8812      Cel: +27 84 420 9282      Fax: +27 86 672 0563