[Asterisk-Users] Announcing – Voice over IP Directory Services (http://www.voipDS.org)

Balaji NJL bajjeen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 09:30:01 MST 2005

--- "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> Balaji NJL wrote:
> > Announcing – Voice over IP Directory Services
> > (http://www.voipDS.org)
> >

> Sorry to be negative, but this kind of services came
> up in tons
> when e-mail was a new service. All of the addresses
> registred in there
> is now totally un-usable because of spam.
>
> I do not really believe in global directory services
> as a solution...

The main reason for Spamming is because of the fact
the way SMTP protocol is designed. It doest verify the
sender or it lets receiver to decide who should send
email to them. Its not the fault of the Global
directory.

Thats why in the spec, the receiver, *you*, are in
complete control of who shd receive your information.

Do you agree that if we address the spamming issue,
this would be a viable solution.

-B