[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501: takes calls, but fast busy on dial out?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Tue Oct 4 08:24:58 MST 2005

Hi,

Has anyone seen this before?  The phones are
registered OK, and they can take incoming
calls, but all I get is a fast busy whatever
I dial.  I've tried regular numbers, *98, etc.

Looking at the Asterisk Command Line Interface, I
don't see any text outputted when I try to dial out.
I wonder if it's even getting to the Asterisk server.
Where does it get the fast busy from--inside the phone?

Another clue is the Flash Operator Panel.  The extensions
show up, but the "devices" are greyed out.

Here is what "sip show peers" has:

Name/username    Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask             Port     Status

15102/15102      XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  D   N      255.255.255.255  1044     OK
(69 ms)
15101/15101      XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  D   N      255.255.255.255  1043     OK
(69 ms)

Do the ports matter?