[Asterisk-Users] ADSI -- is it dead? Worth bothering with?

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Oct 4 09:03:17 MST 2005

Since Colin Anderson -- in a previous thread -- asked the question about
whether ADSI was dead, I thought it was worth discussing.

We've been using Nortel Vista 350s in our office up until now. The
phones are from Telus, I don't know if there's any way to unlock them.
It would appear Telus hasn't done much in the way of updating software
for these phones; or if they have, they haven't told us about it.

Personally -- the features on this phone have never really worked to my
satisfaction, and the only feature I consistently use is the "Message
Waiting" flashing LED. The other ones are just like "speed dial"
functions, and you have to press so many buttons you might as well dial
it yourself.

Does anybody else have anything to add?

-Stephen-