[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P recognised as "Network controller: Unknown device"

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Oct 4 06:37:21 MST 2005

Bob Goddard wrote:

>>From the pci.ids file. Digium should email the details to Martin.

We are well aware of that. A quick scan of that file will show that we
already have the IDs for the dual/quad-span cards in the master database.

The issue with the TDM400P and the single-span cards is that we are not
the 'owner' the PCI vendor/device IDs on those boards, and they are not
unique to our boards. The PCI subvendor/device IDs on the boards are
also not consistent enough for listing in the PCI ID database, and the
PCI subvendor ID is not "our" ID, so we cannot legitimately update that
part of the database.

This has -zero- effect on operation; it is purely cosmetic.