[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Christopher Dobbs thebigspark at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:49:39 MST 2005

Matt wrote:

>Extremely good point... I myself am a Linux person, but manage several
>Windows machines (several meaning 25 or so).   There is definately a
>time and place for Windows.. I'm just not sure a real-time-VoIP server
>is the time or place.    Being semi-half serious about the GUI there
>also.    You install X on your Asterisk server and things will not be
>happy either.

I Run SuSE 9.3 with KDE 3.4, Asterisk 1.0.3, play MP3's and OGG's, SAMBA
services, HTTPD, VNC, MicroWindows, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, plus others.
I dont see that the GUI slows things down to much, unless I am running a
test and gring the call volume over 500 active calls. (I am developing a
new channel driver for * ment for inclusion in mobile phones, think
Asterisk+Cell Phone).  The assertion that a GUI will bring a system to
it's knee's is utter CRAP!  It all has to do whith what the system is
doing besides, and what the hardware can handle. BTW: the system this
all is running on is an AMD 1700+, and the same system that I am using
to brows the mailing list.

--Christopher Dobbs
--I think I think, There for I think I am.