[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.8 and TDM stop acking inbound calls?

Patrick Friedel pfriedel at copweb.com
Mon Oct 3 11:59:41 MST 2005

Patrick Friedel wrote:

> I couldn't find a changelog for 1.0.9 to see if it's worth the
> off-hours maintenance window, and we're too dependant on the phones to
> try 1.2.  Should I try the next step up in the probably unnecessary
> preventative maintenance and unload/reload the wctdm module during the
> asterisk restart?  Is there any way to have asterisk notify that it's
> running low on/out of resources?  We don't typically ever tie up all
> of our zap channels except for really particularly exciting days, so
> if they are all in use it would be cause for concern..

  In the interim, and completely on a whim, I've put a couple of
splitters and added another FXO device onto the line, a good old
fashioned analog phone that chirps once until asterisk picks up the
line.  With any luck, the next time asterisk takes a dive, that phone
will continue to ring and we'll catch on faster than the first customer
that decides to email us wondering why nobody is picking up. :)