[Asterisk-Users] IBM tts engine integration

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Oct 3 02:18:07 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 08:56 +0100, razza wrote:
> trixter wrote:
> do you have a url for an online demo?
>
> http://www.scansoft.com/speechworks/realspeak/demo/default.asp

I wont be coding this.  It isnt hard if someone else wants to fine, I
personally wont though.  The reason is quite simple:

This demo is for demonstration purposes only. For other use, please
contact our Sales Office.

I am not gonna violate something so plain :)  However they dont appear
to have much by way of security (although I didnt verify cookies I dont
think they are using them in any way for this, and that is trivial ...).
Its a simple form post, with variables for the language and voice as
well as content.  Anyone that understands basical HTTP should be able to
figure out what to send, and how to save the resulting 8khz wav file,
like with netcat for example, or perhaps a simple LWP perl script, and
then use sox to convert, save and blah blah blah.

perl would likely be easier than netcat, and most systems now require it
(I avoid it because its not mandatory it be on a system, however I
havent seen one without bourne shell).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378