[Asterisk-Users] analog phone connects to zaptel fxoks is beeping

Michael Jia michael.mjia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:22:49 MST 2005

The problem happens way before asterisk is started.
I hear the noisey tone right after zaptel drivers were loaded without even
start asterisk.

/sbin/modprobe wctdm
/sbin/modprobe zaptel
[root at host zaptel]# ./ztcfg -vvvv

Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

I am assuming it is a zaptel problem instead of asterisk.
BTW, channel 4 works fine. Thanks
Michael