[Asterisk-Users] Adding Voicemail box

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Sun Oct 2 12:14:50 MST 2005

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Omar McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Having issues configuring voicemail box
>>
>> Ran command /usr/src/asterisk/addmailbox … .gets error ‘No such file
>> or directory’
>>
>> Asterisk was installed without any error message,
>>
>> Running on R.H Fedora – all packages installed
>>

> I don't know what that command is, to add voicemail boxes, you edit the
> /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf file
>
> Doug

Just checked my HEAD checkout and it seems there is a shell script in:

asterisk/contrib/scripts/addmailbox

It seems to copy the announcement files into a new VM box.  Handy bit
I'd say in a RealTime setup.

As to the error message, I have similar problems if I run the script
outside a root environment