[Asterisk-Users] Fw: Channel Banks, what are they for?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Oct 2 06:22:13 MST 2005

Mojo Jojo wrote:

>> Can someone explain to me what a channel bank is used for?

Multiple of things, but the primary one being, handling a lot of analog
phone lines.  We currently have 16 lines in my test facility.  These
lines are Centrex lines and we get them very cheap ($10 per line), I can
not cost effectively move over to a PRI, so I purchased a channel bank
from eBay with a couple FXO cards.  Each card can handle 8 lines.  The
PRI connects to the channel bank and the phone lines to the channel bank.

Doug