[Asterisk-Users] Hangup half a call?

William Lloyd wlloyd at slap.net
Sat Oct 1 15:39:39 MST 2005

Scenario is as follows.

Caller comes in over ZAP channel connects to handset on another ZAP
channel.  Call is bridged.

I'd like the callee to be able to hangup on the caller and then be
presented with a agi application.  Basically the agent that answered
the call has to enter a few responses to questions asterisk asks.

On some ACD phone systems this is called a "wrap code".

Lets you build basic call statistics.  IE the agent enters a 1 on a
sale and a 2 on no sale kinda thing.  You run through your log file
or sql db and produce a couple of basic counts.

I'm using the new features.conf applicationmap to startup whatever I
want on the dialplan.  Instead of having the callee just hangup his
phone, press *3 and launch on an extension in the dialplan.  How do I
hangup only the caller and let the callee continue?

Another way I though to handle it is to introduce an H extension in
the dialplan.  h handles one side of the hangup, let H handle the
other side....

Can anyone think of a way to handle this?  I'd prefer not to
introduce new features into asterisk at this time since they won;t be
considered for Asterisk 1.2, and it looks like Asterisk 1.2 release
release date has slipped to infinity.  The patches will end up in bug
database hell.

-bill
wlloyd at slap.net