[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and RTP streams (just bumping)

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 00:36:28 MST 2005

Bumping, just in case it got lost in the shuffle today... I think this is an
important thing to be able to do.

Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and RTP streams

Guys, I've been poking around trying to find a good answer for this via
voip-info, google, etc... Haven't found anything that helps, so maybe you
mates could.

A lot of my customers are using Linksys UAs (router/ATA PAP2) and some using
Sipura SPA-2002s. Every once in a while, the customer will get one-way
audio. I've read that this is commonly caused by the outgoing RTP port not
being the same as the incoming RTP port. A lot of other devices (I found
info on forcing Xten to do it) can be forced to use the same port for both,
but these devices don't have an option (that I've been able to find, even in
the provisioning configs) to do this. So, my question is two-fold:

1. Can Asterisk be told to send the RTP stream for incoming and outgoing
always on the same set of ports?
2. Does anyone know something that I'm missing for the above mentioned
devices? They're all the 2 line version of the ATA and/or router configs
(wireless and wired)

Thank you all in advance for your thoughts and comments. I apologize in
advance if I missed something that was publicly available.

Sherwood McGowan