[Asterisk-Users] Static on inside end of conversation

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Nov 30 10:46:19 MST 2005

I have a very similar server, pstn setup, phones, and user base, and I
switched over to G729 codec 'cause the polycoms support it.  While the
call quality has dropped ever so slightly (I have received no complaints
from my users however), snaps, crackles, clicks and pops are gone.  I
did not have as extreme a case of static it seems, though.  This will
take more processor power, and will probably make any lost interrupts
more evident.

Moj

Jeff Busch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running the following configuration:
>
> 2.8ghz P4 with 1GB of RAM
> Audiocodes MP-108 connected to 5 POTS lines
> Polycom IP-500 phones
> Asterisk at Home 1.3 (this is Asterisk 1.0.9)
>
> End users are complaining of an echo and static on the inside end (the
> internal side), but the outside end of the conversation doeesn't notice
> anything.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting / fixing this
> problem?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>