[Asterisk-Users] Problem with IAX2 jitterbuffer and DTMF reception with 1.2.0

Bryan Boatright yahoo-groups at omega71.com
Tue Nov 29 17:48:09 MST 2005

I've noticed that if I enable the jitterbuffer in iax.conf with Asterisk
1.2.0 that Asterisk stops responding to incoming DTMF frames for calls
between Teliax and my server.  I've used "iax2 debug" and Ethereal to
confirm that Teliax is, in fact, sending the frames.

I only have two IAX2 connections (one a softphone on my local network
and the Teliax registration).  The softphone does not experience the
problem (DTMF frames sent from the softphone to * are recognized with
the jitter buffer enabled).

Everything else about the connection with Teliax is fine when the jitter
buffer is enabled.

"iax2 show channels" reports a 40 ms delay with the Teliax connection.

Any ideas?

My iax.conf is:

[general]
bandwidth=low
jitterbuffer=no  ; setting this to yes causes DTMF frames from Teliax to
be ignored (for my server anyway), apparently
forcejitterbuffer=no

register =>
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXX at voip-co3.teliax.com

tos=lowdelay