[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and sendmail

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Tue Nov 29 15:11:34 MST 2005

Thanks Colin.  That makes sense, but how do I modify this?  I am no Linux
expert, but the passwd file doesn’t seem to conatain any SMTP configuration.

When you said "run non-root", you meant Asterisk or Sendmail running as
non-root?

Mike

----

You can also modify the passwd file in /etc to put a friendly name on the
SMTP envelope instead of "root" b/c some spam filters will block even if the
email address is ok but the sender is "root"

Best practice is to run non-root though. I have an "Asterisk" user and an
"Asterisk" group. If you modify your passwd file appropriately after setting
your Asterisk account you can get very friendly names like "Company XYZ
phone system"