[Asterisk-Users] SNOM and 1.0.9

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Nov 29 10:39:40 MST 2005

On 09:46, Tue 29 Nov 05, Erik wrote:

> >> on 1.0.9 the lights work.
> >> In this way:
> >> person is on the phone: light is on
> >> Person is not on the phone: light is off
> >>
> >> since 1.2 the lights will blink when the phone is running
> >> and above states work the same.
> >

> > Running? Is that a 3. state?
>
> No, a typo. If the extension is ringing the led blinks, now all we need is a way to pick up that ringing channel.
> Could anyone tell me where the patch is that added hint support for local channels as i need to use the led for Agents (because people here don't use
> a fixed desk)

Thnx Erik.

It was indeed a typo.

I've read several ways to do the pickup, cant remember where
right now.
I know there's an entry on the mantis site.
Also the bristuffed package has some notes about it.

As stated in the BRIstuffed CHANGES:
    - SNOM call pick up with blinking LEDs (extension hints):
        - configure a SNOM function key as "destination", for example 100
        - set up an extension hint: exten => 100,hint,SIP/somePhone
        - and an extension        : exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/somePhone)
                                    exten => 100,2,Hangup
        - forget about callgroups and pickupgroups!
        - set up a pickup exten   : exten => *8100,1,PickUpChan(SIP/somePhone)

        - if SIP/somePhone is idle you press the destination button to call
          extension 100
        - if SIP/somePhone is ringing you press the button to do a pickup
          by calling extension *8100

Good luck
--
Michiel van Baak