[Asterisk-Users] SNOM and 1.0.9

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 14:50:34 MST 2005

Joseph Rothstein wrote:

>Greetings to all,
>
>I am trying to get the line lights on a SNOM 320 to work using 'hint' in
>extensions.conf. Unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work
>properly.
>
>Does anyone know for sure if the hint function works properly in 1.0.9?
>
>If anyone has gotten this to work properly under 1.0.9 please post a sample.
>
>I am using:
>
>Exten => xxx,hint,sip/xxx
>
>Extension no. and sip channel are the same.
>
>On the SNOM I have Destination chosen, and the extension on asterisk.
>
>Maybe output the output from the command 'sip show subscriptions' would also
>be nice.
>
>Regards,
>Joe

I can't tell you if it works in 1.0.9 as I've only used hints in 1.2
iterations (beta, rc, final), but, my hints have the channel type in
upper case:

exten => 509,hint,SIP/509.

Don't know if your extract is direct from your dial plan or just the way
you typed it in the email.  If it is lower case in your dial plan try
changing it.

In 1.2 there is a CLI command 'show hints', but I don't believe that
exists pre 1.2.

Cheers,
Kevin
--