[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel errors on Debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Nov 28 13:05:55 MST 2005

Hi

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 04:35:34PM -0800, Geo wrote:

> It should build wcfxo. Not trying anything special.
> I just follow the procedure !
>
> When I reboot I have:
>
> ISDN subsystem Rev: 1.1.2.3/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.2 loaded !!!????
> HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
> HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
> HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
> HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
> HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
> HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
>

> I don't need ISDN, I do not configure any ISDN and I have no ISDN BRIstuffed or whatever !!!!
> Is ISDN susbsystem needed for using fxo devices using fxs signalling with Asterisk ?

What's this ISDN driver doing here?

A look at lspci will show you:

 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface

But by now you already knowthat this line represents your X100P card
that hapens to have the same PCI ID as that TigerJet device. 'lspci -n'
will show that the actual device has vendor ID e159 and product ID 1 .
'grep e159 /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.pcimap' will show that a
number of zaptel modules look for devices with those vendor/product IDs
but with some specific subvendor IDs and that the hisax driver tries to
load "them all".

hotplug uses that information (extracted from the modules at depmod
time) to load modules by bus IDs. Don't want it? blacklist it:

  echo hisax >> /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/local

Consider blacklisting other modules whose automatic modprobe seems
unnecessary/pointless in just the same way (or $EDITOR
/etc/hotplug/blacklist )

> than
> Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
> wcfxo: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
> wcfxo: Unknown symbol zt_receive
> wcfxo: disagrees about version of symbol zt_ec_chunk
> wcfxo: Unknown symbol zt_ec_chunk
> wcfxo: disagrees about version of symbol zt_transmit

This beats me: version mipatch between zaptel and wcfxo ?

One possible guess: you installed everything from one place. And then
you compiled it again (without wcfxo this time) and reinstalled.

Are you using m-a?

> Testing
>
> modprobe zaptel => OK zaptel driver
>
> but not wcfxo
>
> and
> ztcfg  -vvv
>
> Zaptel Configuration
>
> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
>
> 1 channels configured.
>
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

Seems that wcfxo is not loaded.

  lsmod | grep zaptel