[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel errors on Debian

Geo cgtel2002 at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 28 17:35:34 MST 2005

It should build wcfxo. Not trying anything special.
I just follow the procedure !

When I reboot I have:

ISDN subsystem Rev: 1.1.2.3/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.2 loaded !!!????
HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3

I don't need ISDN, I do not configure any ISDN and I have no ISDN BRIstuffed or whatever !!!!
Is ISDN susbsystem needed for using fxo devices using fxs signalling with Asterisk ?

than
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
wcfxo: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
wcfxo: Unknown symbol zt_receive
wcfxo: disagrees about version of symbol zt_ec_chunk
wcfxo: Unknown symbol zt_ec_chunk
wcfxo: disagrees about version of symbol zt_transmit
Testing

modprobe zaptel => OK zaptel driver

but not wcfxo

and
ztcfg  -vvv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

Yet my config is OK.
Installind Asterisk

make install
compiling OK but errors on zap
chan_zap.c:8935: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
chan_zap.c:8936: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
chan_zap.c:8950: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type