[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Sun Nov 27 15:31:36 MST 2005

On Sun, November 27, 2005 22:59, Francesco Peeters said:
> On Sun, November 27, 2005 11:12, Kristof Hardy said:
>> Francesco Peeters wrote:
>>> Reshuffled the cards in my machine (actually inverted the order of the
>>> PCI
>>> cards) and problem solved!
>>
>> Indeed, if the bios is is not working 'with' you, but more against you,
>> then shuffling could solve the problem, glad it did :-)
>>
>>> It appears the bottom 2 slots of the MoBo share an IRQ line, period...
>>> Now the cards have different IRQs, and both work, *with* the sync
>>> connection in place (i.e. the NT running of the TE clock)
>>> Brilliant!
>>> Now to play with the dialplan and integrate a zap-channel phone (or
>>> actually: 4 phones... <G>)
>>
>> Excellent, now the 'really' fun part starts out :-) 1.2 has 'soo' many
>> possibilities :)
>>
>> cheers!
>>

> I have the 4030 running now, and it works fine, however when I restart
> asterisk (amportal stop/start) I get an error...
>
> Not sure yet what the exact cause is, but I do know it has something to do
> with the AMP file 'zapata_additional.conf', as the error goes when I
> disable the include statement in 'zapata.conf' (but then the ZAP
> extensions don't work!)
>
> The error I get is:
> Nov 27 21:05:52 WARNING[15764] chan_zap.c: Ignoring echocancelwhenbridge
> Nov 27 21:05:52 ERROR[15764] chan_zap.c: Syntax error parsing 'g11/2010'
> at 'g11/2010'
> Nov 27 21:05:52 WARNING[15764] chan_zap.c: Reload of chan_zap.so is
> unsuccessful!
>

> I suspect it is because it tries to use the channel group (g11 is the
> group for channels 1 and 2 on the NT card) before chan_zap has completed
>
> As a workaround I have tried the following:
> - comment out the zapata_additional line in zapata.conf
> - start asterisk (amportal start)
> - uncomment the zapata_additional line
> - reload the config
>
> Which works, but of course is not a viable solution for the long term.
>
> The zapata_additional, as defined by AMP:
<SNIP>

Well, I replaced the g11/201* entries with 1-2/201* and all seems to work,
but I really would like to use the groups, so I do not have to redo all
extensions when I change the order or grouping of the cards...

I'll have to check what exactly is happening there, and how to circumvent
it...

Bedtime now!  :-)

--
Francesco Peeters