[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Sun Nov 27 14:59:09 MST 2005

On Sun, November 27, 2005 11:12, Kristof Hardy said:
> Francesco Peeters wrote:
>> Reshuffled the cards in my machine (actually inverted the order of the
>> PCI
>> cards) and problem solved!
>
> Indeed, if the bios is is not working 'with' you, but more against you,
> then shuffling could solve the problem, glad it did :-)
>
>> It appears the bottom 2 slots of the MoBo share an IRQ line, period...
>> Now the cards have different IRQs, and both work, *with* the sync
>> connection in place (i.e. the NT running of the TE clock)
>> Brilliant!
>> Now to play with the dialplan and integrate a zap-channel phone (or
>> actually: 4 phones... <G>)
>
> Excellent, now the 'really' fun part starts out :-) 1.2 has 'soo' many
> possibilities :)
>
> cheers!

I have the 4030 running now, and it works fine, however when I restart
asterisk (amportal stop/start) I get an error...

Not sure yet what the exact cause is, but I do know it has something to do
with the AMP file 'zapata_additional.conf', as the error goes when I
disable the include statement in 'zapata.conf' (but then the ZAP
extensions don't work!)

The error I get is:
Nov 27 21:05:52 WARNING[15764] chan_zap.c: Ignoring echocancelwhenbridge
Nov 27 21:05:52 ERROR[15764] chan_zap.c: Syntax error parsing 'g11/2010'
at 'g11/2010'
Nov 27 21:05:52 WARNING[15764] chan_zap.c: Reload of chan_zap.so is
unsuccessful!

I suspect it is because it tries to use the channel group (g11 is the
group for channels 1 and 2 on the NT card) before chan_zap has completed

As a workaround I have tried the following:
- comment out the zapata_additional line in zapata.conf
- start asterisk (amportal start)
- uncomment the zapata_additional line
- reload the config

Which works, but of course is not a viable solution for the long term.

The zapata_additional, as defined by AMP:
;;;;;;[2010]
signalling=fxo_ks
record_out=On-Demand
record_in=On-Demand