[Asterisk-Users] Reboot stops TD400P cards from outgoing calls until first incoming call arrives

James B. MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Sun Nov 27 10:59:35 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>------------------------
>  From: "James B. MacLean" <macleajb at ednet.ns.ca>
>
>---------------End of Original Message-----------------
>
>I hope the files that you attached have different names then what
>was shown since there is nothing used by * called zap.conf or zapa.conf.

:) Sorry, I renamed them after I grepped out the comments :(.

>The parameters in zaptel.conf look correct "if" they match up with
>the appropriate modules (red & green) installed on the TDM boards.

Asterisk:/usr/local/src/VOIP/zaptel# ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
Channel 05: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 05)
Channel 06: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 06)
Channel 07: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 07)
Channel 08: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 08)

8 channels configured.

>The parameters in zapata.conf appear to be a little wild. As the
>parameters are read, they are inherited by each section below it
>unless otherwise changed. So, usecallingpres=yes (as an example only)
>is inherited by each channel (regardless of whether you know it as a
>fxo or fxs port). Restructuring the contents might be a good place
>to start.

Ah good eye :). I did not notice that was set to yes. It is the default
from the install. I'll try it off.

>I'd suggest removing the majority of the statements and starting out
>with very basic definitions, then when things are working reasonably
>well, add in other statements (like callerid, etc).

That was how things started in my setup... Very simple :). Actually they
started with just one card :). Rarely rebooting. Now I have two and for
other reasons have had to reboot a couple of times and started noticing
this. I did notice the problem with one card, which means you can cut
half of the information out at the end of the zapa.conf file.

>You might also take a look at 'zap show status' and 'zap show channels'
>to ensure definitions are reasonable.

Asterisk*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ
bpviol     CRC4
Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1         OK         0          0          0
Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 2           OK         0          0          0

Asterisk*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            outbound-ednet  en         default
      1            5th-floor       en         default
      2            5th-floor       en         default
      3            mainmenu        en         default
      4            mainmenu        en         default
      5            inbound-ednet   en         default
      6            inbound-ednet   en         default
      7            outbound-ednet  en         default
      8            outbound-ednet  en         default

>Might also try 'set debug 99' and/or 'set verbose 99' and watch an
>outgoing call to see if additional info is provided on the CLI.

Thanks. I'll try that. Calling 4 numbers to get things going is not to
bad, but if we go for the 24 port version, I don't want to be the one
calling in :).

JES