[Asterisk-Users] IAx/g729 client for MAC

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sun Nov 27 07:20:16 MST 2005

On 27 Nov 2005, at 13:43, Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

> Is there a good quality stable (not free) IAX2 client for MAC? I
> have a client wants to travel and make calls and I want to avoid
> the SIP blocking that is a problem for travellers.

I have heard good things about http://www.loudhush.ro/ But haven't
used it (yet).
I couldn't get any of the other IAX2 clients to be stable on the MAC.

I very much doubt you will find a g729 client for the mac. The thing
with g729 is that you
have to license quite large numbers of clients just to get the patent
holders to talk to
you.

I'd go for GSM, it is nearly as effecient as g729, people are used to
the way it sounds (from
mobiles)  and it is patent free.

My traveling (windows carrying) users are getting on fine with IAX2
over GSM.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/