[Asterisk-Users] Dialplan help

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Nov 27 06:37:41 MST 2005

> hi,
>
> can anyone please guide me as to how i can implement this in
> extensions.conf:
>
> my PSTN line normally has its longdistance capability "locked" which
can
> be opened by dialing some keys and the PIN.
>
> if i wanted some users to be allowed to call long distance using the
zap
> channel, how can i initially offhook then send some DTMF then Flash
twice
> before proceeding with the dialing EXTEN.

Do you want asterisk to take care of the DTMF for you?  When you say
users, do you mean certain extensions?

Why not cancel your restrictions with the telco and implement
restrictions within asterisk.  You can use authenticate before your dial
statement to prompt for a pin when dialing long distance or you can
create different contexts for phones that you want to access long
distance and for phones that you don't

Thanks,
Steve