[Asterisk-Users] A rather big setup.

Vedran Dakic java at it-review.net
Sun Nov 27 04:02:53 MST 2005

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something here. So, just to be sure...

I was thinking about having a separate Asterisk server/cluster in the -1
floor server room where all of the telco/other wires come in (with that 240
lines via 8 E1 wires), and one asterisk server per floor connected to
Asterisk server/cluster in the basement. I don't understand what did you
mean by this "30 lines from each floor" :) Confused a bit here.... Couldn't
I have these per-floor Asterisk servers connected directly via Ethernet/IAX
to the -1 floor server room, and have those servers/cluster/whatever manage
the calls? I wasn't thinking about installing one asterisk server per floor
with E1 card inside. I was thinking about connecting all of those servers to
the central server with all of the E1 lines inside. Isn't that possible?

Cheers,
Vedran.