[Asterisk-Users] SIP Forward

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Sat Nov 26 00:52:16 MST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm trying to forward a call from one * server to another using SIP.

Everything works when I use fromuser in the sip entry of the *
forwarding the call. The problem is that when the receiving * sends
the call to the UA, it puts the caller to be the value of fromuser
instead of the caller-id (as documented).

If I remove the fromuser, then the calls are denied because of "wrong
password on authentication for INVITE to '"{calleridnum} ...'.
Meaning, it's trying to authenticate the call based on caller-id
instead of the peer name.

How can I set it up to authenticate without necessarily using fromuser?

Thanks,
Waldo