[Asterisk-Users] Really lightweight itemised billing

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Fri Nov 25 02:29:15 MST 2005

Good morning all,

I'm trying to find an application that'll do really lightweight billing for
Asterisk CDRs.

On our asterisk servers deployed at people's offices, we have CDRs being
logged to PostgreSQL, which can then be analysed by the staff at those
offices using a PHP-based CDR analyser. This works fine for legitimate use
verification (it's easy to spot people making hours of phone calls to their
girlfriend's mobile, for example), but it doesn't provide billing
verification.

All I'm looking to do is parse the CDRs for a given date range, lookup each
dialled number in a table to get its rate, then present a formatted list (or
even a .csv) of the person dialling (accountcode), time/date of call,
duration and total cost of call.

All of the billing applications I've seen so far are either 1) really
heavyweight designed for calling card or other charging purposes, or 2) want
me to modify the asterisk configuration to use their AGIs for dialling. It's
an overkill for what I'm after.

Before I go and write some PHP scripts to do what I'm after, has anyone
already done this and have some scripts they want to share? :-)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris