[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + WiFi Phones

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:57:50 MST 2005

> UTStarCom has the F3000 coming in December, which will have according
> to their spec
>
>     * WEP (64 and 128 bit )/WPA/MD5 Auth
>     * Handover/Roaming between different AP and SSID

So what else is different compared to the F1000? The 1000 also does
WEP 64/128 and WPA with the newest firmware. Not sure about MD5 auth,
but SIP nonce/MD5 response certainly is implemented.

Roaming kind of works, but could be improved. In one place I made it
from 4th floor -> elevator -> lobby while on the phone and without any
noticeable dropouts (ulaw codec). But the building was covered with
access points, on average NetStumbler saw 6 at the same time. So it
works, but not always.

Don't get me wrong, the phone does have issues and in my opinion is
not production quality, meaning it will freak out unexpectedly and
only a reboot helps, which hardly ever happens to any Sipura adapters
or phones. Hopefully the new 3.6 firmware performs better.

Luki