[Asterisk-Users] v1-2 install mkdep loop

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Nov 24 07:16:16 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Bob Knight wrote:

> Just pulled a v1-2 onto a system that was running a v1-0.
>
> Zaptel and libpri, build and install just fine.
> Building asterisk is fine.
> But when I try to do a make install on asterisk, it goes into an
> infinite loop doing on .depend doing: build_tools/mkdep
>
> I did the same thing on another box the other day with a different pull
> and did not have any problems.  Do you think this is something related
> to this box?

Hi Bob! Long live the PM3!
	This is an issue that many many people have been running into, and
has been discussed on the dev list.

Check the following:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-November/016509.html

I'm not sure there is a specific fix, although there are many suggestions
in that thread.

                             KP-216-121-ST