[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk make clean and make looping??

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Tue Nov 1 11:32:14 MST 2005

Ok, so I ma having a bad day. First forgot to install the
kernel-headers in Debian and could not get Zaptel to
compile. Got help on that and it compiled fine.

I then went into my /usr/src/asterisk directory and issued
a make clean followed by a make install. Well, apparently
I also forgot to install termcap support so the make
install bombed.

So I installed the needed programs and then issued a make
clean to start over. Now with the make clean, and even a
make, I get the below which just keeps looping over and
over:

rm -f include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
build_tools/mkdep  -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g  -Iinclude
-I../include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6 -march=i686
-DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS         -fomit-frame-pointer  acl.c
aescrypt.c aeskey.c aestab.c alaw.c app.c asterisk.c
ast_expr2.c ast_expr2f.c astmm.c autoservice.c callerid.c
cdr.c channel.c chanvars.c cli.c config.c cryptostub.c
db.c devicestate.c dlfcn.c dns.c dnsmgr.c dsp.c enum.c
file.c frame.c fskmodem.c image.c indications.c io.c
jitterbuf.c loader.c logger.c manager.c md5.c muted.c
netsock.c pbx.c plc.c poll.c privacy.c rtp.c say.c sched.c
slinfactory.c srv.c strcompat.c tdd.c term.c translate.c
ulaw.c utils.c
build_tools/make_version_h >
include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
if cmp -s include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
include/asterisk/version.h ; then echo; else \
         mv include/asterisk/version.h.tmp
include/asterisk/version.h ; \
fi

Is this a bug in the make code or do I just need a new
brain today. Which the latter is VERY possible.

Robert