[Asterisk-Users] Lag in speech

Tim Stoop tim.stoop at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 06:20:04 MST 2005

Hi people,

I just rolled out my first attempt with Asterisk to get a working PBX.
I'm recieving my calls still through my ISDN connection. But I'm
getting a lag of almost 1 second between the both sides of the
conversation. What should be the first things to look at when trying
to solve this lag?

I'm using an Athlon 700MHz with Debian and the default Asterisk
packages from Debian. The connection is made with a HPC-S PCI ISDN
card, directly connected to the NT1 box. I'm using a Grandstream
HandyTone 486 to connect my Philips DECT handset to the VoIP server.
The HandyTone is connected through a 100Mbit switch with the server.

Any advice is appreciated!

--
Gegroet,
Tim