[Asterisk-Users] PRI problems again - What should I do ?

Thu Nov 24 04:22:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 10:26 +0000, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

> I posted a similar problem a couple of days ago, and one of the
> Is there any way of testing this card to see if that may be the case ?

Speak to digium and ask them how to run a pattern looptest... You need a
custom cable (not a PRI crossover cable) and some software, but I forget
the details... else search on the wiki for patlooptest or similar
terms...

> I was thinking of buying a sangoma a102 as a fall-over - are there any
> issues with the sangoma cards, or should I buy another te4xxp as a backup ?

I would suggest keeping identical hardware for your backup use... since
if you use different hardware, you need a different config, and hence
are not testing/isolating the source of the problem...

> I was also thinking of moving the * server to a dell 2850 (2x3.06
> processors, 2GB ram, 2x146gb hdd) - again, any gotchas ?

Have no idea, but personally I don't like dell :) The only other thing I
would suggest is not to try changing too many things at the same time.

> Sorry for so many questions, but we are placing / receiving near on 3000
> calls a day now and my butt is getting sore from all the kicking I've
> received :)

Try and call digium when you can do some proper testing (ie, outside of
your general usage hours, or off-peak hours or whatever... or, if you
can, just schedule an outage time.....

Digium provide warranty + support on their products, so best to call
them and find out.

Regards,
Adam